Sunday, January 2, 2011

"God is great, God is good..."

The past two weeks of winter break vacation have been such a blessing! I've rested (I didn't realize just how tired this old body was!), I've relaxed and I've spent some real time with my dear family. We played games and ate and just hung out together. Having my husband and all of my children around me has been a great medicine, physically and emotionally. Just what the doctor ordered! :)

I also read a book over the break that encouraged and challenged me mentally and spiritually, Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick. I want to have the kind of faith he describes, an audacious faith, that doesn't insult my Lord. If I really believe that prayer from childhood, that "God is great, God is good...", then why don't I live like I believe it?! He's able to handle anything and everything and he does love me more than I can imagine. I know that... until I forget it, which is way too often!

This year, my 52nd year on this earth, maybe I can do a better job of remembering. I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment